The mission of Horizons at The Ethel Walker School is to help girls from under-served communities in Hartford, CT improve their educational outcomes. We do this by providing year-round academic and swimming instruction, cultural enrichment opportunities, mentoring, and educational guidance in a nurturing community of dedicated professionals and volunteers.
Goals of Horizons at The Ethel Walker School:
- Prevent declines in school performance by reducing summer learning loss
- Improve school attendance
- Improve social and interpersonal skills
- Raise each girl’s educational expectations and aspirations
- Encourage parents to become involved in their daughter’s education and activities
- Build self-esteem, resourcefulness, and sound judgment